Wide Format Print & Finishing Operator
Full-Time | Posted 8/17/18
Seeking a self-motivated individual with an eye for color and high-level attention to detail. Work environment is deadline driven in a team atmosphere. Flexibility in willingness to work extra hours, alternative shifts, and weekends as necessary.
4walls is a leading boutique design and manufacturing firm specializing in sophisticated, large-scale, customizable wall murals and window film graphics for commercial interiors. (More about us here.)
We're a company of close-knit people that share a passion for design and beautiful interiors. Our Midtown Corridor studio is a casual, upbeat environment that's always full of energy and activity (not to mention a great view of the lake). And while we have a lot of fun, we work well as a team in the fast-paced world of commercial wallcoverings.
Operating wide format digital printers (Vutek experience preferred).
Perform file preparation activities using RIP software, Adobe productions (Photoshop/Illustrator), and other tools. Intermediate knowledge of RIP software and processes required. Familiarity of Pantone Color Matching System and color management practices a plus.
Operate liquid laminator and other finishing equipment as needed. Willingness to work with chemical agents required (inks, laminate, cleaning solutions, etc).
Perform equipment and shop maintenance activities, troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and perform printer calibrations as needed.
Producing large, high value print projects and ensuring deadlines and quality expectations are met.
Do you have these skills and demonstrated areas of competence and experience?
2+ years of wide format/offset printing experience
2+ years of previous color correction experience preferred
2+ years of prepress/digital file preparation experience preferred
Able to lift 60 lbs safely
We're also looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Occasional graphic design and production work experience is desired – creative and file work, color correction, and digital image editing may be necessary.
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator familiarity preferred, familiarity with raster and vector files is a plus.
- The ability to successfully work in a creative, non-traditional work environment that values open/honest and timely communications and actively supports the trust and respect of all those we work with.
- Willingness to take initiative in identifying problems and providing ideas for solutions.
- Aptitude for learning new skills and bridging gaps in project needs, as position potentially grows. Drive and motivation to improve personal skills and training through workshops, educational options, and outreach via trips to visit distributors and strengthen ties to outside partners.
- Ability to visualize large-scale projects and motivation to ensure delivery of exceptional product.
- Proficiency in communicating with team members and management, identifying potential areas where additional support may be needed and maintaining a positive work environment for freelance assistance.
- Associate’s degree in graphic design, digital media, color management program preferred.
To apply, email your resume to Samantha Bako [Director of Operations] at firstname.lastname@example.org, and use Wide Format Print & Finishing Operator as your subject.