Creative Community | Agency Submissions
Thank you for your interest in licensing with 4walls! We have a long and successful history of working with agencies and their artists, and creating exposure in the commercial interiors market.
Please fill out the form below and a member of our creative staff will follow up within 3 - 5 business days. You only need to submit this once for your agency, not for each artist you represent. If you haven't already, please familiarize yourself with some of the Requirements for licensing work with us.
If you are interested in licensing your work to us, there are a few things you should consider. The following are the basic condtions that are required of any licensed work. Please review these carefully; out of respect to you and your work, should any of these be potentially problematic, then licensing may not be a good fit (though there are other creative opportunities as defined above).
WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS WE REQUIRE:
- Rights in the US and Canada.
- Rights for wallcovering and window categories only.
- A Five (5) year term. This is the life in the market of the books with which we market our collections.
- Exclusivity. We, and our customers, invest heavily in getting exposure for the designs, so we require exclusive rights to sell in our categories: Wallcoverings & Window Film.
- The ability to make color or scale adjustments to your artwork. Our commercial customers (typically interior designers) almost always require these changes to adapt the mural to their interior spaces, and this work will not be submitted for your approval or review; the pace of our projects moves far too quickly to permit that, and our interior designer clients will always require that we include their requested alterations. In all cases this work is performed by seasoned professionals, with the utmost respect for the integrity of the artist’s original work, and is limited to only what is necessary to meet the needs of the contract market. View Examples: Click here for visuals and more details about this topic.
SIZE & RESOLUTION
As our mural designs are produced at very large scale, it is critical that we start with the highest resolution digital files or the largest hand painted originals that we can. For obvious reasons neither a web-size jpeg nor a 3" x 3" original painting will reproduce well at 10 feet high.
With that in mind, please be aware that we need access to the best quality image you have:
- If your work is very small to begin with, or if you no longer have access to the original and your digital files are low resolution, we may not be able to use your work.
- For hand paintings, an original that's approximately 2 feet by 3 feet is a minimum size requirement.
- For digital work, a native file that is at least 5,000 pixels in its smallest dimension is required.
- In both cases, these are minimums; bigger is definitely better!
- These are guidelines and there are other factors that determine if the size or resolution of a design is suitable. If you're unsure that your work meets these guidelines we will be happy to discuss that with you after we've reviewed your submission.